JOB TITLE: Account Executive
REPORTS TO: VP of Development
SUPERVISORY POSITION: No
The Account Executive is responsible for securing sponsorship sales from local businesses for KNPB programs and services. The Account Executive reports to the Vice President of Development as a member of the Development Team. The Development Department is charged with the local fund raising activities for the station.
- Sells sponsorships for businesses for KNPB from the corporate community through cold calls, follow up with existing or prior sponsors and outside sales calls. All sales goals (revenue and prospects) will be presented in writing and reviewed with the VP of Development on a regular basis
- Collects all account payments.
- Prepares professional presentations for potential clients.
- Submits sales forecasts and reports in a timely manner.
- Sells sponsorships which finance program acquisitions, locally produced series and events, the annual Aged to Perfection gala, monthly program guide, online and other station events, services and products.
- Arranges contracts, script preparation for on-air announcements and recognition.
- Maintains current and prospective sponsor files and databases to include contracts and all relevant information.
- Monitors print media, corporate reports, radio and television to identify targets for sponsorship sales.
- Participates as a member of the Development Department Team with other station activities.
- Collaborates with the Vice President of Development establishing the corporate budget and revenue projections for each fiscal year.
- Utilizes Nielsen, MRI and other quantitative and qualitative resource.
- Attends community events to meet potential clients.
- Develops new business.
- Works with KNPB staff to ensure underwriting language meets the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
College degree, or equivalent in sales, marketing or other related field. Preferably at least three (3) years of demonstrated successful sales or fundraising experience. Experience in Public Broadcasting a plus.