JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Business Office & HR Manager
SUPERVISORY POSITION: No
Front desk receptionist that also provides general administrative support, including basic daily accounts receivable tasks. The Administrative Assistant also helps viewers/members with various questions and concerns and provides support for other departments as needed.
- Responsible for handling front office reception by greeting and directing guest to the appropriate staff member as well as answering the phone in a welcoming and pleasant manner.
- Sorts and distribute incoming fax transmittals.
- Answers viewer inquiries that are received in person, by phone or email and route more complicated inquiries to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
- Provides clerical support to the G&A department and then to other departments as needed. Some of these tasks include the following:
- Assist with filing of AP invoices and purchase orders.
- Assist Executive Assistant/Board Liaison with meeting preparation, board files, etc.
- Assist with UPS, FedEx and shipping packages.
- Maintains Public Files in hard copy and on the FCC website under direction of CEO and Assistant Chief Technologist.
Daily Cash Receipts/Accounts Receivable:
- Sorts and distributes all mail, opens all checks and deposits them using Wells Fargo Desktop Deposit system.
- Records check, cash, and EFT/ACH payments in the daily deposit log. Also creates a summary sheet for the day’s deposit. Updates the AR invoice log to reflect payments received.
Administrative/Clerical Support for Other Areas:
- Assists membership department with preparing mailings as needed and as time permits.
- Assists with putting postage on boxes and envelopes, creating files, mailing certified letters, etc., as needed.
- Assists with RSVPs or creating and maintaining rosters for events as needed.
- Provides other station support services as needed, including set-up and clean-up for various station or staff events.
- Orders office supplies upon approval by Business Office HR Manager. Maintains office supply inventory and ensures inventory areas are neat and accessible
- Contact service providers (Nevada Office Machines, Have Lights Will Travel, UNR janitorial/recycling, Pitney Bowes) when needed.
- Maintains postage machine by adding postage, clearing departments and monthly accounting report each month end.
- Assist with any scheduling needs in the Community Room and communication with Master Control on after hours’ occupants.
Maintain Appearance of Office/Office Equipment:
Viewer comments logs and reports:
- Gather viewer comments from all departments each month and any received on a daily basis.
- Enter comments into the viewer comment log, which is then compiled into a chart for presentation.
- Responsible self starter, multi-tasking, prioritizes and meets deadlines, punctual, reliable in attendance.
- Self-starter, independent and hard working, requiring minimum supervision.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer experience in word processing, MS Excel and the Internet.
- Organizational, filing and typing skills a must.
- Pleasant telephone voice and outstanding customer service skills needed.
- Candidate must have a professional appearance.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, a must.
- Knowledge of office equipment including typewriters, copiers, fax and postage machines necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school graduate or equivalent. 5 + years’ experience with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.