JOB TITLE: Community Partnership Executive
REPORTS TO: VP of Development
SUPERVISORY POSITION: No
By selling on-air underwriting, event sponsorships, digital advertising packages, and print media messages, the Community Partnership Executive works to increase community support of KNPB’s three PBS stations, community events, and in-person education programs. The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for public media, the drive and motivation to succeed in both client stewardship and cold calls, great interpersonal skills, and the willingness to learn. This position offers a base salary and commission for sales performance.
Based in Reno, Nevada, KNPB broadcasts to more than 115,000 residents of Northern Nevada and Northeastern California every week and reached more than 58,000 students with in-person education services in the last school year. KNPB has a collaborative, positive and driven work environment. We are a team dedicated to furthering public media and increasing education opportunities for students throughout our viewing area. KNPB offers competitive pay and benefits, maternity leave, a retirement plan, and rewarding work that contributes to the betterment of our community.
You may be familiar with seeing messages like, “this PBS Program is brought to you by this or that local company”. This position secures the sponsors who appears in those messages. The Community Partnership Executive secures sponsorships for on-air programs in a way similar to an advertising account executive. As a PBS station, our sponsors are community-minded businesses and organizations looking to demonstrate the support of our meaningful programs. This position is, in many ways, a hybrid of sales and fundraising. KNPB offers guidance, support and significant training opportunities for this position.
- Sells sponsorships for businesses for KNPB from the corporate community through cold calls, follow up with existing or prior sponsors and outside sales calls. All sales goals (revenue and prospects) will be presented in writing and reviewed with the VP of Development on a regular basis.
- Monitor payment status of all clients.
- Prepares professional presentations for potential clients.
- Submits sales forecasts and reports in a timely manner.
- Sells sponsorships that finance program acquisitions, locally produced series and events, the annual Aged to Perfection gala, monthly program guide, online and other station events, services and products.
- Arranges contracts, script preparation for on-air announcements and recognition.
- Maintains current and prospective sponsor files and databases to include contracts and all relevant information.
- Monitors print media, corporate reports, radio and television to identify targets for sponsorship sales.
- Participates as a member of the Development Department Team with other station activities.
- Collaborates with the Vice President of Development establishing the corporate budget and revenue projections for each fiscal year.
- Utilizes Nielsen, MRI and other quantitative and qualitative resource.
- Attends community events to meet potential clients.
- Develops new business.
- Works with KNPB staff to ensure underwriting language meets the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Passion for public media required. College degree or equivalent in sales, marketing or other related field. Preferably at least three (3) years of demonstrated successful sales or fundraising experience. Experience in public broadcasting a plus.
Sales, development, fundraising, sell, advertising, ad, marketing, media, television, PBS, public media, sponsorship, community, commission, family, earn, corporate, rewarding, leadership, character, non-profit, great team, podcast, perks, benefits, salaried, sponsorship, branding, client-facing, business to business, b2b