JOB TITLE: Development Officer
REPORTS TO: VP of Development
SUPERVISORY POSITION: No
The Development Officer is responsible for directly soliciting major gifts ($1,000+) and planned gifts from current donors and prospects. This individual must be a self-starter with exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills. The Development Officer will be responsible for setting meetings with donors, closing gifts, stewardship, and assisting with major donor events and planning. This position works closely KNPB’s CEO and Vice President of Development to advance the organization’s mission. Strong preference is given to applicants with experience in major gifts solicitation and prospect research. The Development Officer reports directly to the Vice President of Development as a member of the Development department. Significant night and weekend work is required.
- Manages an active portfolio of major donors ($1,000+) and major gifts prospects. Responsible for all aspects of stewarding these donors, including but not limited to prospect research, solicitation, thanks, reporting, stewardship meetings and phone calls.
- Define and implement action plans for major donors.
- Responsible for setting a defined number of donor meetings on a monthly basis.
- Actively solicits planned gifts from highly qualified leads.
- Attends major donor meetings with Vice President of Development and CEO.
- Represents KNPB at community and station events, speaks on behalf of the organization to major donors and prospects.
- Works with teams in multiple departments including membership, marketing, and production to further promotion and solicitation of major gifts.
- Maintains and updates the donor and sponsor databases
- Assists as needed in the planning and execution of Silver Circle / major donor events.
- Attends general agency events and community to steward prospective donors.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in fundraising. Strong preference given to demonstrated success in direct, face-to-face solicitation.
- Experience with planned gifts preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills required, along with professional presentation.
- Strong writing skills.
- Must be self starting with ability to self manage as needed.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and familiar with donor databases.
- Assists with all development and station activities as needed.
KNPB/Channel 5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer