JOB TITLE: Digital Marketing Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Art & Digital Marketing
SUPERVISORY POSITION: No
FULL-TIME POSITION: 40 Hours A Week
Works closely with the KNPB Director of Art & Digital Marketing and the other members of the organization’s marketing team to create engaging social media content and promotion, keeping content updated and brand-focused while seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences. This position also contributes to the organization’s website and the maintenance of online, streaming and other digital content. The Digital Marketing Assistant offers content and marketing support and assistance to the efforts of KNPB and other parts of the organization. It helps in the coordination and distribution of marketing materials, the execution of community and internal station events, as well as other duties as assigned.
- Assist in the management of organization’s social media channels; currently including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Use provided, original and shared social media and online content to create a consistent stream of promotion for audience interaction.
- Collaborate on the creation of the organization’s presence on new and emerging social media and digital platforms.
- Edit and adapt supplied marketing materials and toolkits for localized use within our communities.
- Helps in the creation of written, graphic and video marketing content.
- Works as part of a team to develop community marketing campaigns for station events, media productions and other projects.
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media posts, online content and in other marketing efforts.
- Collaborates on the creation and distribution of e-newsletters and other emails to organization subscribers.
- Assist in the digital communication of the organization’s strategies and messages.
- Maintain up-to-date online press materials for use by the media as needed.
- Support good communications and relationships with our social media and online audiences.
- Help analyze, manage and alter project schedules to optimize audience reach.
- Create social media and online content following search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC) best practices.
- Attend and work at KNPB and community events as needed.
- Document station events and activities with photos and other digital materials as needed.
- Work on the creation and maintenance of databases, mailing lists and media lists as needed.
- Provide marketing support for teams throughout the organization; including the writing and proofreading of promotional materials, assisting in research, facilitating media outreach, maintaining media lists, developing marketing calendars and other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to train on a variety of video and digital equipment and to work as a member of the Content & Marketing Department’s production crews as needed.
KEY WORK SKILLS:
- Must be able to work effectively within a team environment as required
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Understanding of design and layout
- Motivated, self-starter
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle stress effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize assignments
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of the position
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related area or equivalent experience
- Basic computer literacy essential, knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Proficient in Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of social media platforms and social media scheduling and management systems
- Experience with website design and the use of CMS (Content Management Systems)
- Photo or video experience preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Ability to sit for periods of up to 3.5 hours.
- Ability to lift, carry and push up to 25 lbs and up to 50 lbs with support of another person.
- Ability to bend at the waist and have the use of both hands for phone, computer and filing.
- Ability to drive a vehicle, and possess a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
PERSON(S) PROVIDING TRAINING AND SUPERVISION FOR THIS POSITION:
Art Director/Online Producer
VP Content and Marketing
Duties and responsibilities include the principal functions of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties which may be assigned during normal operations.