JOB TITLE: Director of Membership
REPORTS TO: VP of Development
SUPERVISORY POSITION: Yes
The Director of Membership manages all aspects of KNPB’s successful Membership Department. Each year, 10,000 households donate to KNPB at the membership level, and the Membership Director leads all communication and retention efforts with these donors. A key member of a multi-faceted Development Department, the Membership Director works with multiple departments and KNPB’s Marketing team to craft a successful strategy for member communications.
- Provides effective leadership and oversight for the Membership Department. Directly supervises Membership Associate and Membership Assistant.
- Supervises and assesses efficacy of partnership with CDP Member Services Bureau. Works with CDP to plan donor communications. Reports monthly on financial outcomes, revenue and expenses, and key performance indicators.
- Coordinates on-air pledge efforts, reports on results, and makes evidence-based recommendations for on-air pledge programming.
- Develops annual Membership budget in collaboration with VP of Development.
- Collaborates with KNPB leadership to maximize revenues across multiple departments and coordinate marketing priorities.
- Develops and implements a mid-level giving program providing personal contact to KNPB donors using existing resources. Works closely with Major Giving to coordinate moves management and effectively steward prospects.
- Develops membership events and local engagement opportunities.
- Supervises collection and use of member and donor data.
- Assists in developing innovative ideas for the improvement of KNPB’s Development services and projects
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Passion for public media and improving our community.
- Minimum of three years demonstrated successful fund raising experience in Public Television or other non-profit organization with comparable application.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Experience in supervisory roles and with face-to-face donor communication strongly preferred.
- Experience developing and successfully managing a budget.
- Demonstrated ability to manage fundraising campaigns, evaluate campaign results, and report to key stakeholders. Direct mail and digital campaign experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms
- Demonstrated success in leading, assisting, and supervising staff and volunteers for special events and day-to-day operations.
KNPB/Channel 5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer