JOB TITLE: Grant Coordinator
REPORTS TO: VP of Development
SUPERVISORY POSITION: No
The Grant Coordinator at KNPB generates funding for designated KNPB initiatives and programs through foundation and other grant resources; and will persuasively communicate the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders. This is a full time position with benefits.
- Sustain existing foundation and grant funding resources.
- Research, identify, assess and develop appropriate public and private grant opportunities for the purpose of developing additional funding resources for both current and proposed services, programs and administrative operations.
- Collaborate with staff on program and project development for the purpose of developing funding requests, grant applications, and identifying underfunded services and programs.
- Develop letters of interest, grant applications, proposals, and related documents (e.g. Required reports, budgets, specific inquiries, etc.) For the purpose of submitting highly effective funding requests to the appropriate agency or organization.
- Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of interest, proposal deadlines and reports.
- Ensure prompt acknowledgement of awards.
- Coordinate all grant processes (e.g. evaluations, budget, finance, reports, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with the funding agency or organization.
- Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines, and manage supplemental material required for proposals.
- Maintain the organized catalog of standard grant materials to allow for consistent brand image.
- Monitor proposal and funding application requirements (e.g. presentation, content, delivery method and labeling, deadlines, eligibility, etc.). Track and report all submissions of letter of interests, proposals and grant applications..
- Work with finance to monitor the financial management of grants (e.g. budget preparation, budget adjustments, expenditures, etc.) in order to comply will all program and funding guidelines of awarding agencies or organizations. Work with project managers to collect any required data, provide grant management tools, and assist with progress report submission in order to meet the program guidelines of awarding agencies or organizations.
- Provide weekly grant reports and conduct meetings with senior staff to update on progress, challenges and success.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered):
- College degree required.
- Grant writing and management experience required.
- Solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of research, and ability to distinguish and identify funding opportunities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including outstanding customer service and support to executives, departments and supervisors, and community leaders. Comprehensive computer skills, including all Microsoft Office products and web navigation, and knowledge of office equipment.
- Excellent written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals and grants.
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow up processes.
- Ability to maintain high levels of discretion and confidentiality.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with minimal supervision and proactively meet deadlines.