JOB TITLE: Janitorial & Building Maintenance Assistant
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
PART-TIME POSITION: 5 to 20 hrs a week
SUPERVISORY POSITION: No
Janitorial work to keep the building neat and clean inside and out performing cleaning tasks not covered by the UNR Janitorial staff. Perform handy man tasks making small repairs and touch up paint to keep the building looking as good as possible. Move and set up furniture and equipment when needed. Assist Engineering staff with equipment installation and removal.
- Check daily with the front office to find out if the community room furniture needs to be reconfigured or moved.
- Occasionally inspect furniture in the Community room to see if it needs cleaning or repair.
- Touch up painting throughout the building – ensuring that all paint matches.
- Patrol daily the grounds on all sides of the building and the parking lot – pick up trash. Occasionally sweep and/or scrub down patios – front and back.
- Work with Engineering staff to clean up garage, mezzanine and Assistant Chief Engineer’s area storage.
- Weekly empty recycling receptacles from offices and common spaces into the large blue recycling bins. Notify receptionist if the large recycling bins are full or getting close to full so that UNR can be notified to come and empty them.
- Wipe down kitchen and break room surfaces weekly. Clean microwave ovens as needed.
- Break down cardboard boxes and put next to recycle bins as needed.
- Provide full janitorial coverage when UNR janitorial is not available. This includes emptying building trash containers in the outside dumpster.
- Assist Engineering staff with installing and removing cabling and equipment.
- Vacuum technical areas and equipment filters to keep dust and dirt at a minimum in the technical areas.
- Run occasional errands for KNPB staff for business related tasks.
- Assist Production staff with studio sets and lighting as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned when requested..
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Willingness to learn new skills and use hand tools.
- Driver’s license and good driving record.
- Knowledge of basic building repairs preferred.
KNPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and veteran or disability status.