JOB TITLE: Media Communications Specialist
REPORTS TO: Art Director/Online Producer
SUPERVISORY POSITION: No
This position is responsible for writing press releases, maintaining the online pressroom presence, is responsible for preparing and writing releases, speeches, brochures, fact sheets and other literature as needed. Additionally, this position will be responsible for some social media posting and other duties as assigned.
- Participate in the strategy and development for both individual publicity events and long-term communications planning for all things KNPB.
- This person will be one of the public faces of the organization.
- Plan and hold press conferences as required for essential information in a celebration, crisis or other event; answer questions on-the-spot when possible, and provide updates as needed.
- Prepare and distribute 5-7 press statements a month. These may be local or national or a combination of the two.
- Take the lead in writing and preparing press releases, speeches, brochures, briefs fact sheets and other literature as needed.
- Maintain an up-to-date online pressroom with data and materials for use by the media as needed.
- Prepare 3-5 social media posts a week to strengthen the station’s social media presence and personality.
- Take the lead in writing or collecting information for these spots.
- Establish good working relationships with the media and the public.
- Answer media queries promptly and arrange interviews or speakers when requested.
- Become a familiar and involved presence at KNPB and at community events.
KEY WORK SKILLS:
- Must be able to work effectively within a team environment as required
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to meet deadlines Motivated, self-starter
- Detail orientation
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle stress effectively in a fast-paced work environment.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related area or equivalent experience.
- Basic computer literacy essential, knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
PERSON(S) PROVIDING TRAINING AND SUPERVISION FOR THIS POSITION:
Art Director/Online Producer
VP Content and Marketing
Duties and responsibilities include the principal functions of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties which may be assigned during normal operations.