JOB TITLE: Programming Assistant
REPORTS TO: Manager of Traffic and Programming
SUPERVISORY POSITION: No
The Programming Assistant will Assist Manager of Traffic and Programming in the duties required for on-air broadcast and record logs and other programming related needs for the station.
- Assists Manager of Traffic and Programming in the daily production and maintenance of Broadcast and Record logs.
- Assists Manager of Traffic and Programming in the production of future program schedule grids.
- Assists Manager of Traffic and Programming with monthly Nielsen/Enames reports.
- Assists Manager of Traffic and Programming with weekly Promo reels, building and flighting promos and underwriting credits.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED / PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates exceptional MS Excel skills and has experience with MS Office products.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and plan work activities.
- Demonstrates proven ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area or equivalent experience. Previous television scheduling experience preferred.
- Myer’s ProTrack experience preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Ability to sit for periods of up to 3.5 hours.
- Ability to lift, carry and push up to 25 lbs and up to 50 lbs with support of another person.
- Ability to bend at the waist and have the use of both hands for phone, computer and filing.
- Ability to drive own vehicle, and possess a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
PERSON(S) PROVIDING TRAINING AND SUPERVISION FOR THIS POSITION:
Manager of Traffic and Programming
Duties and responsibilities include the principal functions of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties, which may be assigned during normal operations.