JOB TITLE: Special Events Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Content & Marketing
SUPERVISORY POSITION: No
The Special Events Coordinator will be responsible for planning, coordinating and executing KNPB special events, screenings, fundraising efforts and other community events as assigned. This person offers support and assistance to all departments (content & marketing, development, education, etc) in regard to coordinating the necessary elements for any and all events – including character appearances and parades. Job hours are flexible, as this position will be required to occasionally work after hours and on weekends. Other duties include, but are not limited to: creating a draft timeline outlining event deliverables and completion dates; submitting all invoices received in a timely manner with appropriate back up; performing various conference activities; and working directly with conference sponsors to carry out logistics and activities. This person should also be comfortable with making suggestions and ideas for current and future KNPB events.
This is a full time position with benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with and lead the planning and execution of KNPB Event efforts and processes.
- Work with all departments (content & marketing, development, education etc.) to create annual timeline for events.
- Create a budget for events based on previous events-related income and expenses.
- Solicit and secure contracts from vendors to provide in-kind services for events.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to oversee volunteer activity during the event and event planning activities.
- Attend and oversee events KNPB is involved in and assist in the planning and execution of all KNPB station related events.
- Prepare notebook or file on each event to be used in preparation of events for subsequent years.
- Attend all all event planning committee meetings, developing meeting agenda, taking meeting minutes, and participate with ideas and solutions.
- Communicate with marketing team to help develop and maintain accuracy of all event related materials including digital, in print and on-air.
- Work to secure vendors and locations for events – to include menu planning and AV needs.
- Coordinate with outside vendors as needed and is responsible for on-site logistics and setting up trainings where needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE (an equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered):
- College degree or equivalent job experience required.
- Superior written and verbal skills.
- Strong typing, data entry, and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including outstanding customer service and support to executives, departments and supervisors, and community leaders. Comprehensive computer skills, including all Microsoft Office products and web navigation, and knowledge of office equipment.
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow up processes.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with minimal supervision and proactively meet deadlines.
- Previous non-profit experience is a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
Ability to lift, carry and push up to 25 lbs. Ability to bend at waist and use of both hands for phone, computer and filing.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.