MARTHA SPEAKS Reading Buddies program is an innovative way to help elementary students increase their vocabulary, develop self-esteem and social skills, and enhance their love of books and reading. The reading buddies program pairs kindergarten or 1st grade students with 4th or 5th graders to meet one-on-one for ten 45 minute sessions. Each session introduces four vocabulary words through a selected Martha Speaks episode, and then reinforced as the buddy pairs share books, talk, and do fun activities together. The five steps of each session includes a 15 minute video, talk and play time, read aloud picture book, journal writing, and wrap up.
What KNPB will do…
- Implement the program in a classroom site.
- Introductory session for Little Buddy and Big Buddy participants.
- Continued support given by a Nevada certified teacher.
- A set of read aloud books for the ten sessions on loan.
- All print materials including: teacher program guides, big buddy guide, journals, games, family letters, and certificates.
- A celebration party at the conclusion of the 10 week program.
- Provide each participating child a book to take home.
Don’t miss out on the fun!
Sign up today and get started. For more information contact Nancy Maldonado, Vice President of KNPB Education Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 775.682.7917.
Supported in part by: